Thursday, February 17, 2005

 

Every life has a story

Yesterday am watching Oprah Winfrey show,a show which lately I am not liking too much.Anyway,her topic was Mothers and Daughters in stormy relationships a topic that is close to home.One of her guests was Ann Robinson of The Weakest Link.Would you believe she was an alcoholic who lost custody of her daughter when the court pronounced her an unfit mother? According to her it was so shameful to be told that you are unable to look after your child although she knew she was not capable of doing it properly.So ,she and her daughter,now 34 are trying to develop a relationship.It was pretty interesting watching them take a road trip that meant they were in each other's company 24/7.Naturally,they got on each other's nerves but I suppose they got to understand each other a little better.

The point is we never know what is happening in peoples' lives.On the surface some people appear to have it all,don't they?But,only they know what the journey was like or what they struggle with everyday.If only we knew it would explain a lot about behaviour and all that.It also reminds you that when you think you had it bad others have had it much worse or are going through something that you can relate to.So,as my grandmother would say "never grudge anybody what they have" because you never know what price it came at.

Comments:
So true
 
Yep, that's true. It's really surprisin' 'bout Simon Cowell's twin (Ann Robinson) from de Weakest Link--then again, not REALLY.
 
Hi Kami, True words. The Tall One and I are always at it. He is going through his phases....
 
Finally I can post. blogger acting ignorant today.

Anyway its just like the old saying goes you really dont know until you've walked a mile in the other person's shoes. So yep we gripe and compalin about our issues and we grudge people for how they seem so calm or settled while we are having problems or we hate cause they have more money or material wealth but the full has never been told so you dont know what is really going on in any life
 
Why don't you like Oprah? (*sob*, *sob*)
 
http://thenephilimage.blogspot.com/

I posted a link to you on my site.
 
Yammie,Oprah's audience is annoying with all the oohing and ahhing.Then I find most her topics don't interest me these days.Soli girl your mom sound like mine and yup I get along wayyy better with my father
 
"Wonderfully writen" personal blog of yours keeps me coming back, LOL; I enjoyed the Oprah show too - though I'm not a regular watcher of hers.
 
At last...finally mek it into dis comment box! Grrr!

Good thoughts. I know this long time. Don't grudge people fe what dem have like you seh. And, when I hear other people's worries, I will hug up mine any day over theirs. Dr. D.
 
Good point...it is so true! I do love a good mother daughter tale...I've always toyed with the idea of writing a few! More grand ideas however!!!
 
You watch Opera'h? I doan luv you no more...
 
Wow..ah finally getting tuh respond tuh someone. Every life do have as tory and some are more vivid than others. Don't judge or be envious cause you might be living better than the other person or they better than you.

I alos don't like Oprah, she don't appeal to the masses as far as I'm concerned
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?