Monday, August 06, 2012

 

Congrats Kirani James

This 400 meter final felt surreal since it was the first time I've seen one minus Americans. In fact, Americans have dominated the event winning gold from 1984 to 2008. In 2012, history was to be made when 19 yr old Kirani James of Grenada ran an impressive 43.94 to win gold. I think it is safe to say that not only is the American dominance over but Michael Johnson's record is under threat.

Grenada, the tiny most southerly of the Windward Islands has always stood out from its neighbours. The Spice isle as it's affectionately called for its production of nutmeg and other spices has long been punching above its weight.

First and only OECS country(thus far) to win a Miss World Competition in the person of Jennifer Hosten

First English speaking island to successfully mount a coup d'etat

Now Kirani James has given the island its first Olympic medal-gold to boot complementing his 2011 Worlds gold. Additionally, Janelle Redhead has continued Grenada's tremendous run at the Olympics by qualifying for the female 200m semis.

Large up yourselves Grenada, 133 sq miles and 93,000 to the world

Comments:
Haa haaa haaa!!! How did I know that 'Beni would be all over this one??!! I felt the resoundig cheers over here, and what an awesome display of humility, and sportsmanship.

In my youth, I would check him. Now, as an ol' foot, I just say: I want my sone to be like him!
 
OMG long time nuh see you my girl! Lol yeah man gotta celebrate with the neighbours. There isn't anything new I can say about Bolt:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?