Sunday, March 29, 2009

 

Earth Day

Last night for one hour between 8.30 and 9.30 the household of Abeni shut off all the lights. We weren't sure if the Earth Day folks wanted televisions, computers and the like switched off as well but we decided to turn them off.

It took every ounce of my will power not to turn on the television since once I am at home the television must be on. To make matters worse there was a Law and Order SVU marathon on USA begging to be enjoyed. However, I steadied myself with vague thoughts about great causes and sacrifices while secretly apologizing to Law and Order for abandonment.

So Mother Earth,I did my little bit to keep you happy. I want to promise you that I will be more caring but you know how times and seasons change. Feel free though to nudge me into action.

Comments:
I had a feeling you were going to do this so I turned on every electrical appliance and light on in the house to cancel out your conservation. (I even watched Law and Order SVU on 4 tvs SIMULTANEOUSLY)

It's not that I'm against conservation or saving energy, but I'm against gimmicks such as Earth Hour that are really nothing more than a sociological placebo.
 
lol chris

What wrong with placebos anyway:)
 
I enjoyed the Law & Order SVU marathon for both of us ... in addition to a few other episodes on other channels!

For what is worth, I plan to go solar when I do my additions to my house (hopefully in the next 2 years or so ... hope the earth will still be around then and not melted away by Global Warming).
 
the following causes me deep embarrassment and shame:

i clicked on hbo at 8pm... the sex and the city movie was on... it sucked me in... somehow... and i missed earth hour...

the embarrassment and shame come from the fact that i enjoyed the movie...
 
Good on ya CD

Will, shame on ya...Sex and the city..rolleyes..lol
 
i told you it was shameful... but i have flu so i'm allowed to watch nonsense... i'm even allowed to get teary-eyed when big leaves carrie at the alter!!! i can say it!!! i am secure and confident in my masculinity!!!

i blubbered through benjamin button too this weekend... what's wrong with me???
 
i remembered partway through and turned off the lights but then i got tired of reading by flashlight so i turn them back on.
Chris is right it really is a placebo
 
I was actually driving home when I remembered it was Earth Hour and quickly turned off my lights.

My attorney has advised me against saying anything else..
 
ahh, i just posted on this....Chris is funny....wait till your attorney meets mother nature...
 
I turned off my electronics except the fridge that night too... when I went to bed. i agree with Chris, just a placebo.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?