Sunday, November 30, 2008

 

Tales from The ER

Last Thursday I spent several hours at the Emergency room of the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital. I wasn't a patient but part of the support team for one badly hurt person. Emergency rooms tell so many stories and because we are all trapped there is no escaping from them.

There was the 23 yr old mother of three kids-the youngest being 6 and already too wise to the ways of the world. The mother related how hard it was to deal with them and how often she just wanted to escape from them. From the unlikeliest source came a voice telling her not to give up and offering words of enlightenement from the email fwd "letter from God"

Quoting parts of the letter,the similarly young mother said her perspective regarding her children was changed as she now realises they are part of a bigger plan. Now,she no longer feels like running from them anymore but is willing to embrace her responsibility. I was a bit surprised a how much she had internalised it-so much so that she practically knew it by heart.

Who knew fwds were not all bad as they are made out to be?

Comments:
Wow. Had no ideas these emails actually had an effect. They're nothing more than a nuisance for me. 23 and three kids. Someone's off to a great start.
 
well as you say encouragement come from strange places
 
Very interesting story. But I still hate forwards and will delete the without hesitation!
 
Those "inspirational" emails do wonders for people. I don't forward them to everyone in my address books but they have helps lots the folks through a tough day. I vote for looking at the emails and know your friends well.

I am a sucker for a story with a positive ending
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?