Saturday, October 27, 2007
28 Reasons to love SVG
2. Breadfruit and saltfish
3. Madongo bakes
4. The greenness of the island
5. The smallness which is a curse and a blessing
6. The Grenadines are breathtaking
7. Nine Mornings
8. Community singing outside NCB
9. Vincy Mas
11.Lighting up graves on Nov 2nd
12. Tri Tri cakes
13. steamed tri tri
14. Montreal and Botanic gardens
15. River cooks
16. Black sand beaches
17. An abundance of fruits
18. The main hospital is near the cemetery
19. The jail is behind the courthouse
20. The madhouse is a stone throw away from the Community College
21. Sunset Strong Rum
22. Gonsalves Black wine
23. Red Ju-C
24. La Soufriere volcano towering above us
25.Falls of Baleine
27.Annual Blues Fest
28. Still a friendly people
Happy 28th Independence!
Madongo is arrowroot starch..what we call the last stage of the starch..can't tell you the exact procedure but the bakes are divine
Tri tri are tiny.....microscopic almost fish caught at the river mouth that we make cakes with.
I luv #18-21
I guess Tri tri is a kind of fish.
Black sand beaches...huummmm must see that for myself one day.
Number one should definitely be Kamika.
Anyway, NCB does equal National Commercial Bank in Jamaica too. Also here in Cayman, though the NCB here is part of the Jamaican bank, and its sort've small. I don't believe they do commercial banking activities, am not sure what they really do over here, except remittances back to Jamaica...
I too like the idea. I would steal it too, except I will let a Yardie who lives in Jamaica write about Jamaica's Independence in future. I would write about Cayman's independence except they aren't independent.
I do think we have a few black sand beaches in Jamaica, can't say I was really fond of them.
What are "Nine Mornings" and "red Ju-C"?