Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Oscar Night

Morgan Freeman finally won an Oscar. Best supporting actor for Million Dollar Baby! I can't begin to say how excited I am that after all these years he finally got his hands on one.Should have gotten for Driving Miss Daisy and Shawshank Redemption but we'll take this.

Jamie Foxx walked away with the Best Actor award and gave a stirring acceptance speech.Loved the part where he said Sydney Poitier told him he has to take responsibilty and act grown. By the way,is this the first time two black men have won the best Actor and Best Supporting Actor at the same award ceremony? Way to go! Hilary Swank,my favorite was in winners row again picking up Best Actress for Million Dollar Baby.Cate Blanchett won Best Supporting actress but I was rooting for Natalie Portman.Guess you can't win them all.

Still no directing award for Martin Scorsese as Clint Eastwood and Million Dollar Baby stole the show.And there was Chris Rock, somewhat subdued I found but funny in some parts.And of course no award show is complete without the fashion.Here are a few of the gowns I liked.

Halle

Catalina Moreno

Hilary

Back view

Laura Linney

Sophie Okonedo

Comments:
Congrats to the various winners. I saw some of the fashions and it seemed that quite a few were quite nice this year.
 
I liking that catalina morena dress. ay ya yi!

since this is only the third black man to win best actor I think its safe to say this is the first time we ever get best actor and best supporting actor. congrats to both. Jamie dont let the awards go to your head.
 
Kami, I was waiting to see you Oscar review this morning. Way to go for Jamie and Morgan, they deserved it. I said, now Black Hollywood can't cry foul anymore, because a black man hosted and Chris sure did a good job. I liked his Bush jokes off the hook. Two walked awayed with the top honors and for the first time Byoncé actually wore and sang something that I liked.
 
Camp,I agree with you about Beyonce.She looked real elegant in the black dress.At one point I thought it was a Beyonce concert:)

Jammy,I didn't like Natalie dress-she seem to like those theme clothes.
 
I found the fashion this year very disappointing!
 
Hey, Halle did look hot eeeh? Still, she always does. I must say that I wish she'd cut off her hair though... With her hair like that she kinda reminded me of Seven a bit, and no man needs Halle to remind him of him sister, you done know.
That said, Seven, if you read this, nuh bodda get you head too swell up.
 
Catalina's lastname is not Moreno, is Sandino
 
Rad Webpage!

rent vca dvd movies
http://www.movie-theater-dvd.com/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://www.movie-theater-dvd.com/
rent vca dvd movies
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?