Monday, January 17, 2005

 

Growing pains

This is a follow up on Melody's post and the "trials"of growing up and discovering boys.Remember when the simple act of passing a group of boys would cause you to lose your composure?Remember back in Grade 6 or earlier when you got the first little note and you were on cloud nine?

And then when you got to High School you got the talk from parents.I remember this older male cousin introduced me to the 3 B's concept.It was Books,Boys and Babies.Boys,I was told bring babies and is a combination that does not mix with books.Therefore,I was supposed to choose wisely.My mother was not so diplomatic-Keep yuh legs shut was the order.Yes ma'am.

Then almost every week you liked a new boy or were interested in one.Of course you liked them from a distance and if you happened to meet them at a school fair or something,well your day was made.PS,I attended an all girls school and the all male school was adjoining.So even walking to school was an adventure in itself.You had to beg your parents to let you go out on a "date" and if they consented you had a mile long list of rules and regulations.

And every "romance" was intense.Lord,those feelings were strong,scary and exciting at the same time.Of course you were clueless how to handle the emotions and so you did some real crazy things to demonstrate your liking.A boy did not even had to do much to convince you that he liked you.Once,walking home from a track meet this boy(one the popular Grammar school guys) bought me an icecream and I was convinced he liked me. Naturally you lost count of how many times your heart got broken by some boy who probably didn't even know you existed.

Then you grow up and you realise that a lot has not really changed.You still getting broken hearts and some foolish boy/girl can cause you to lose all your composure.And you realise that the emotions you felt as a child just as strong now you grown.But the only difference is that you know how to act on them,not so?

Comments:
Hi Kami, I not so sure that adults are any better about acting on the feelings. Look at the amount of people caught up in weird love triangles and squares and other multisided relationships. : -)
Heartaches continue right through life I suppose. Can't hide from them.
 
* scratched head* I am a guy and yeah I gave lots of girls icecreams or did their homeworks just out of genorisity or just plain chatted for hours.. so was I like giving false impression??

*scratches head* Yeah I feel like a monkey.!! :D

Hey you know what we have only 100 years to live. Live it to fullest extent
 
True grownup behaviour can be so very silly at times.Makes you wonder what is the best road in life eh
 
Kami, wouldja believe it? I also went to an all girls' school that had an adjoinin' boys' school!! We've got more in common than we knew. And every evenin', ah used to see de boys from next door traipsin' down Marescaux Road to de bus stop, but mi grandma warned mi about boys bein' "vipers" so much that by de time ah got to high school, ah was terrified ov them--which was weird 'cause de idea ov havin' a boyfriend was so excitin'. (BTW, A True Virgo's response reminds me ov de John Mayer song, and Scratchie's response about de love triangle an' square is very funny. (lol))
 
I had the worse timing with the girls. The ones I liked din like me back an the ones I didnt like used ta chase muh down. There was this one girl I like real bad from primary school and then at high school we went to schools close to each other. man on evenings walking home from school if I ran into her and was able to walk home with her I was on cloud 9 den

back then i woulda swear that she was the girl i wud marry.
 
When I was about 14 me and this guy had wedding plans for the year 2007.By then we would have finished our education and all that kinda thing.Quite the dreamers we were:)Up until I was 21 or so I held on to the thought until reality kinda set in.
 
Oh Melody you're a Wolmers gal. I'm a Hughite. Also an all girls school, but no adjoining boys school. We had Kingston College for our brother school and those boys were cruffs, so it wasnt difficutl to stay away from them.

Funny enough, I dont remember my parents ever talking to me about staying away from boys. Probably cause they didnt see any hovering around. Chubby tubby didnt get the looks, only Slim Sis. I was quite happy at the all girls school, not having to deal with seeing cute boys every day and realizing none of them was looking your way, so we didnt have that as a distraction.l

Now di bus stop was nother ting. Dat was great, seeing those well put together wolmer's guys. And the bus ride meant we passed by Campion with more cuter guys. The 67 bus was di boom.
 
So, Mel-Mel is a Wolmerian? Hey, my pop was a Wolmers dude ya know! Poor fellow. It was the only failing he had. Unfortunately he didn't attend the College... which College? St. Georges College, of course! Is there another "College" in Jamdown? Of course not! Anyway, the Wolmers girls were quite nice, I remember ogling quite a few when I was walking up to Cross Roads sometimes.

Hey Mel, I get a sense that you know Scratchie personally still, am I right? If so, do you know him from school daze? Yeh, me faas...

Mad Bull
 
Yammie is a 'Hughie'! (Pretty much mi school's neighbour, Kami.) Wolmer's boys always tended to be nice to look at--but cheeky.
No, MB. Scratchie & Piggy must've met in a former life; maybe that's why we seem to have some fore-knowledge--we just have a nice Blog vibes. Good for your Dad; he was a Wolmerian! GREAT alma mater!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?