Monday, January 24, 2005

 

First Class Farce

That is the best way to describe what is currently passing for Regional Cricket.Can you imagine teams are struggling to post scores of 200? A look at some of the scorecards show teams being 26/7,6/4,35/5,103/6 and other utterly ridiculous figures.In a manner reminiscent of the senior team the bowlers are unable to finish off the opponents after they have removed the top order.When you take into consideration that these players on show are next in line for senior duty,you know something is fundamentally wrong.

So while some rejoice,the reality is that West Indies Cricket continues to die before our very eyes.There is absolutely no strong cricket territory in the West Indies despite what fans may tell themselves.If that was the case the West Indies team would not have been languishing where it is.

Someone asked me if am not embarrassed about Windwards cricket.But I can't be embarrassed about Windwards cricket without feeling the same emotion for West Indies cricket. The truth is Windwards cricket reflects everything that is wrong with cricket on a broader scale.Everyone knows what should be done but yet it remains undone.I say we should all hang our heads in shame for everything that passes as cricket in this region.


Comments:
Kami, I'm a soccer-girl mi-self, but ah hear constant complaints from cricket-lovers, who say de solution to WI cricket woes is a simple coachin' an' fundin' matter--if it's so simple, why don't they just implement it then? That's how ah hear it.
 
Maybe cos the funds are hard to come by and then the authorities don't have the will.Girl,I don't know anymore.
 
Cricket??? What is that? We play that in the West Indies? Yuh sure???

(Mi betta mind Yamfoot hear mi fassin wid har sport...shhhh)

I have my views on Caribbean sports in general Kami. I think that that's a blog entry in itself.
Later.
 
what do you mean everyone knows what to do but it remains undone? I think everyone is clueless especialy those in position of authority. Dont worry though the common perception is that we are on the cusp of greatness again. :-) LOL, real nuff delusional people out dey I tell ya!
 
Let me ask you a question. If I was to go try a thing and you had the right coaches, etc, do you think that I would be an asset to the West Indies team? Probably not, right? Well hear my opinion... we have a bunch of low talent lowlifes in West Indies cricket now. The only thing for us to do is get all the kids trained up in cricket and pray that we find another set with talent before we die. A just so it go. If teh players lack the talent, well, there is not much you can do...

Mad Bull
 
MB,I agree that the talent is not all that.But to listen to some people we have some Sobers and Richards walking amongst us.For some others we just a few umpiring decisions away from greatness.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?