Friday, December 03, 2004

 

Christmas Time

I don't know if any of you noticed the Christmas ads on tv.Well,being the tv junkie that I am it has not escaped my attention.Anyway,there is this jingle by the US Postal Service that has caught my attention.One of the lines goes something like this-Am a gonna mail my self to you.Somehow it touched a chord in me because it just brings back memories of the 4 long years I was away from home and all things familiar at Christmas time.You know how many times I literally wished I could package myself home!

Being away from home around Christmas time is a special kind of torture.It is even worse when you in some cold place and nothing feels like the Christmas you have grown accustommed to. That is when homesickness would kick in even harder and you miss the sunshine and the warmth even more.I tell you I was missing things I never particularly liked when I was home.Actually,Christmas in the US was a rather low keyed event compared to Thanksgiving.For some strange reason I never seemed to feel really warm even though I was usually well layered up and that just made me grouchier.

First time I understood the meanings of those songs like Blue Christmas etc and on the other hand I understood what Silver Bells meant.Looking back on it I guess it was a learning experience but still I would rather spend Christmas in the Caribbean than any where else.And by the way it is true,Christmas is meant to be spent with family and loved ones.

On another note today is Jdid bday.So nuff love and birthday wishes to him.Y'all are commanded to go over and wish him a great day:)

Comments:
Thanks abeni.

But ya got me real sad with that christmas post because I truly understand what you are talking about. Its jus not the same up here
 
I promise to enjoy for both of us especially if I make it over to Bdos
 
to post pics, use Hello... let me know if you need any help in it
 
Well, I am in the Caribbean, just not on my regular island, so I bet I'll feel a bit funny this Christmas. :( Oh well, a so it go. I will mek oonoo know how I fare out.

Mad Bull
 
Caribbean people and snow inna Christmas....makes for bad pudding! Headed outta London like a madman in Dec. '97 for Jamdown. Face did well sour on my return in the January! Dr. D.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?