Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

An act of kindness

Landlord offers Rosa Parks apartment rent-free and I say thanks for allowing her to live out the rest of her days in dignity.

I have tremendous respect for Miss Parks and her quiet act of resistance that was the catalyst for the Montgomery bus boycott which ended in the Supreme Court ruling that segregation was unconstitutional.

With regard to that Outkast lawsuit I have a suspicion that either her lawyer or caretakers pushing their own agenda.Not too sure how a woman suffering from dementia can really take the initiative in a law suit.

Comments:
I agree with you on the Outkast suit.

Got to give Miss Parks her props too. Its funny how something such as not giving up your seat in the bus could have had such a dramatic effect on the civil rights movement. You think Rosa knew what the ramifications of her little act of disobedience would be.
 
I doubt she expected her actions to have such far reaching consequences.Just goes to show how a simple action can have far reaching consequences eh
 
True word guys. I also question how someone having trouble paying rent on a monthly basis can retain lawyers to accomodate a law suit. Somebody elses agenda getting pushed I hear.
 
Wow...I didn't realize she whe was in poor health. What a great act of kindness. I'm gonna post you're story on my blog.
 
don't get it twisted, parks' choice not to give up her seat was very calculated; an act that had been in the works for quite sometime. the fact that her name/face have become eponymous with the civil rights mov't is, in a sense, no fluke.

she really shouldn't have been paying rent, though. i mean damn...if rosa parks can't live the rest of her life rent free, who can?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?