Sunday, November 14, 2004

 

I hate Saturdays

I just hate Saturdays! Why? Because it is time to clean house,wash(handwash i.e) and all the other related house hold chores.First,I have to get out of my bed earlier than I would like because I have (or ought to) to wash my clothes early enough for them to get the sun.Of course,I always find a reason to delay the washing until it all piles up.Then my job is triple hard..sigh!

Then yesterday I had another unplanned chore.Apparently the freezer door was not closed properly so the freezer started to melt down.That meant it had to be cleaned..another 2 hr job as I had to do the entire thing.You know I was not a happy camper.Then by the time I finished cleaning the kitchen down came the rain.So the clothes still here waiting for some attention.

So I decided to do some ironing.Now ironing is just slightly below washing on the hate list.But because image is everything the outfits for the work week must look crisp.While am ironing am wondering when will disposable clothes come into being.I know am going to be the first in line.No way am I going to miss the opportunity of getting rid of one chore or possibly two for ever.

The only redeeming thing about Saturdays is I get to go on the tennis court and sometimes the beach i.e if the chores have not taken all of my energy.

Comments:
Hey Abeni, I hear you loud and clear. I too am not a very big fan of Saturday chores myself, especially laundry. Nothing annoys me more than having to sort socks and fold underwear! Ironing is something I do only if I can't get the clothes out of the dryer and back to my apartment fast enough to prevent wrinkling. Unfortunately, yesterday was one of those days, and I have a mountain of ironing to do this week :(. Skipped Saturday chores for rest this weekend, so now I have to do all the cleaning today. BTW, whenever they start making disposable clothes, make sure u save a space in line for me.

{arf,arf}
 
Laundry is just all around an awful task, but its second to washing dishes on my list.
 
AD..folding is another thing I would rather not do.Actually the only chore I don't mind is cooking.

N,the trick with dishes is to not let them pile up
 
oh stop complaining. ya kno you need to be domesticated. :-)
 
I really miss "saturday only" cleaning. everyday's like saturday now :(
 
yeah you you need to be domesticated
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?