Thursday, November 25, 2004

 

Happy Thanksgiving

It is not a Caribbean tradition but Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends who are part of my blogging experience.Nahmix and others have a great one.And those of us who live in the Caribbean can take some time to reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for.

For one thing we don't live in a region that is torn apart by war.Give thanks.We have stable governments for the most part.Give thanks.We are surrounded by beautiful scenery,high green mountains,miles and miles of sea.Give thanks.We still have a sense of community where you can walk down the road and it is not impersonal as in the bigger countries.Give thanks.

And for all the personal things in your life,just give thanks.Many times we take so many things for granted.But,if they are not there then we suddenly see the importance.So today thank God for families,for life,for health and for strength,for jobs and for the blessing of good friends.

Comments:
True words. In addition to all you said already, today was Payday! I give thanks. Dr. D.
 
Boy as soon as you get pay,money done...sigh
 
Abeni, thanks for the holiday wish! I am truly greatful for all the ways I am blessed. I had a wonderful day with family and friends.
 
True, true. Sometime it spend before it received!

1 question...how come you post as Abeni and comment as Kami? Just curious. Dr. D.
 
Doc,When I sign up with blogger it won't accept my name Kami which is the shortened version of my full name Kamika.So I had to use another name but I prefer Kami which is why I use it for comments
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?