Sunday, October 31, 2004

 

I'm just loving me

I woke up this morning to the smell of my apple conditioned hair. As I
lay in my cotton sheets,I noticed the beautiful outline of my vessel.
It came to me...I Am a resurrected vessel.... Beautiful.Moving into another level of wholeness. I think I ought to love me this morning.
Pardon me... I'm just lovin me for a moment this morning.

I woke up this morning to the pattern of my own shadow. No matter where I
turn,I cannot separate what I reflect in my shadow. Whilst someone else may not
see the intricate details that God has put into my shadow,I can not only see it,
but I appreciate it.If a perfect God can take that much time in molding
me,loving me,cherishing me,reshaping me...then surely I Am worth loving me.
Pardon me... I'm just lovin me for a moment this morning.

I woke up this morning alone but not lonely.I got tired of waiting for
someone to put ice in my soda, milk in my tea, jam on my biscuits, peas
in my rice, and soap on my back. I am not alone,I have me.... I have
me..I have me... and then I have an omnipresent God who has me...When I put
the ice in my soda... He stands there silently observing me... ready to suggest
creative ways to set my table.
Pardon me... I'm just lovin me for a moment this morning.

I woke up this morning and beheld the beautiful reflection of a 5ft
something frame, a soft smile, a pointy nose,curly hair, olive
skinned complexion,and a Bible book perfect shape.I leaned forward and kissed
the mirror....I love you girl!!!

Not because of your external beauty..Not because mama said you were
beautiful..Not because a man told you that you were beautiful.....
No...Because God values you..Because God loves you...When I look at all
your attributes, and I think about what God has predestined you to
become...I can only say that I love you. For all the battles you've
conquered...For the tears you've shed...For the negative words that you shot down...For the pain you've overcome...For the growth you've sustained.
I love you girl!
Pardon me... I'm just lovin me for a moment this morning.

Comments:
Hey girl, yu got some talent.

Respect.

The Ebony Elf
 
yea girl ya gotta love yaself no doubt
 
Nothing like loving and appreciating who you are!
 
Nice writing! Dr. D.
 
a pointy/round nose???


u nose is a carrot???
 
hehe.. luving urself ehy? kool kool. lol.

Sorry but when I first saw the heading, I thought its naughty :P But its kool actually. Yeah sometimes I too just take days off and walk arouynd at random and maybe watch movies or something. My way of lyving myslef
 
Dirty mind:)
 
Abeni, is this your real name and are you the author of this poem? Your poem inspired me with a business name. I would like to have your permission to use it and would like to give you all the credit in doing so.

Signed,
Ready to do business.
 
Nope..not mine..someone sent to me. Never saw any credit for it so you can use it I guess
 
Thank you for your honesty and immediate response.

Signed,
Will keep searching

Have a good one!
 
I received this in my email awhile back and I saved it because it spoke to my spirit. I am a senior who is taking this time in her life to "love me" and tho it has been hard, reading inspirations like this help to to keep pushing and realizing that it is OK to love me and take of me and not feel I have to "fix" all the wrongs in everyone's life around me. Bless you dear. Bless you and please keep writing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?