Saturday, September 18, 2004

 

Men,women and friendship

A man and a woman can never really be friends..sooner or later sex comes into the picture.This is a paraphrased quote from the movie when Harry met Sally and I must admit there is a lot of truth to it.When I was in high school all my male friends would come on to me eventually. I grew up and the same thing kept happening. You start out being friends with a guy and somewhere down the road they start making passes at you even though they know you are a friend of their girlfriend or they are a friend of your boyfriend.

Now I have this excellent friendship with this guy and everybody thinks there is more to it than just friendship.He has a girfriend(2 actually) and in the 3 years I have known him he has never come on to me sexually and I like it exactly like that.He is my proof that men and women can indeed be friends. But a tiny part of me expects him to maybe because I have grown to believe what my friends and society tell me.However, should he do it I would be very disappointed because I still want to believe it is possible for men and women to be friends.

Comments:
I came across your blog recently...its quite interesting. I think there are some rare opposite sex friendships, however I think if a people aren't careful those rare friendships can quite easily turn into sexual ones.
 
Isn't this kind of friendship called a Platonic relationship, where a man and a woman are friends but sex eventually creeps into the relationship?

Look Kami, I told you before that you and I are friends but if you want to fool around it ok with me.

Snoop.

P.S. Are you still on MSN these days?
 
Wasn't it you who had msn problems?
 
Platonic relationships ae possible ....but the woman got ta be real real ugly :-)
jus kidding. yes platonic relationships are possible. Yes platonic relationships are possible not every an want you ya know. boy some people really full a demselves an thing all man want me nuh?

seriously though yes platonic relationships amongst the sexes are possible. what happens in the cases you speak about is that the situation is one where the relationship may have started with a one sided reaction with that person afraid to tell you that they were attracted to you. now the relationship blooms as a friendship but the person still harbors that secret crush and then finally one day much later out of the blue they say something but you just see them as a friend and its kinda weird for you. I've seen that happen many times. Even happened to me once many many years ago if I'm honest.

so the moral or the story is guys if you are interested in a girl let her know early on instead of deveoping a platonic relationship because once you start that, you will find it almst impossible to change it to something else cause of the way the girl looks at you.
 
Great post! I also think that true platonic relationships between a man and a woman are virtually impossible. The crazy thing is I have a friend of 14 years, and her and I have never ventured down that road...

take care..
 
for true??...it does eventually lead to sex?....when we gone have sex girl?...for bout 6 years now i begging on of my friends to sex she...stueps...no luck...wha de fugg is my problem then...i tell allyuh.,...no love for black coolies....


sniffels
 
"Now I have this excellent friendship with this guy and everybody thinks there is more to it than just friendship.He has a girfriend(2 actually) and in the 3 years I have known him he has never come on to me sexually and I like it exactly like that.He is my proof that men and women can indeed be friends. But a tiny part of me expects him to maybe because I have grown to believe what my friends and society tell me.However, should he do it I would be very disappointed because I still want to believe it is possible for men and women to be friends."

Trust your instinct, and continue with the positive approach. I have a wife and several female friends, some of whom became my friend before I got married, and some, after. In fact, one of my lady friends introduced me to her husband soon after we met, and today he and I are buddies. I am not going to lie and say I was never sexually attracted to some of these women, but I valued them for much more than sex.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?